Speak Up When You're Down
May is Maternal Mental Health Awareness Month
Please join us for Postpartum Support International's
First Blog Hop for Maternal Mental Health Awareness Month
2013 Theme: Maternal Mental Health – Recovery and Coping Skills
Thank you, Mary Jo Codey and the State of New Jersey, for the original Speak Up When You're Down Motto.
In May 2011 Postpartum Support International (PSI) declared May as Maternal Mental Health Awareness Month. An increasing number of states and counties have designated May as a time to bring awareness to maternal mental health. This year, we want to launch our first maternal mental health awareness month blog hop.
Our PSI blog hop is meant to be inclusive and is also meant to promote emotional safety and comfort and hope for all contributors and readers. To that end, we welcome your participation but also please keep in mind some editorial guidelines meant to promote comfort and safety.
- Name: Include your real name, we don't promote people with online disguises
- Length: 500 – 1000 words
- Keeping in this year's theme, much appreciated are personal stories about recovery from pregnancy and postpartum mental health challenges and coping skills used to maintain that recovery.
Potential Emotional Triggers:
For the purpose of this blog hop and its focus on messages of recovery and hope, we want you to do your best to avoid psychological triggers in your posts. Please do not write about detailed suicidal or homicidal thoughts, feelings, or plans. If you have any questions or concerns about that, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Inclusive: Editors will not tolerate any negativity directed towards individuals or groups
Commercial Interests: Please refrain from self-promotion of your website or sale items
Please post these notices:
• If you need immediate help, please call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
• If you are looking for pregnancy or postpartum support and local resources, please call or email us:
Call PSI Warmline (English & Spanish) 1-800-944-4PPD (4773)
How to participate:
Beginning May 1, 2013
- Write your blog post and send a link or attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help us keep track of all of the posts, and contact you if we have questions or suggestions.
- Go to one of the following two Blog Hop Hosts:
Dr. Christi Hibbert
3. Look for their post called: PSI 2013 Blog Hop – Maternal Mental Health Recovery & Coping. Posts and information will be available on the two Blog Hubs.
4. Link up your post to that blog post in the Linky provided at the bottom of the post
5. Grab the PSI logo code provided in their side bar
6. Feel free to promote your blog and the blog hop on social media!
Twitter: #PSIBLOG is the hashtag we are using to promote this event @PostpartumHelp
PSI Facebook pages:
Private PSI FB Group
PSI Open Page
Donate to Postpartum Support International ~ Help Us Help Families!
Welcome to our May 2013 MMH Awareness Month Blog Hop!